Flash Builder 4 – Data Centric Development (DCD) Service Wizard
Posted by hneelu on June 2, 2009
[Updated for Flash Builder Beta 2]
The Service Wizard defines a service and corresponding operations which are used to invoke RPC operations returning a certain data.
Service Wizard can connect to PHP, CF, Httpservice, Webservice(WSDL), BlazeDS and LCDS.
- In the Service/Data view, click on the Connect to Service/Data link.
- Click on the Data menu and select Connect to Service/Data .
- Click on the Data menu and select Connect to PHP (or the service of your choice)
- Click on the button on the Data/Service panel bar.
Select the desired service from the list of services and proceed with the wizard.
Service wizard for :
- PHP service. [How to use Service Wizard for PHP service]
- CF service [Similar to Service Wizard for PHP service]
- Http Service [How to use Service Wizard for HTTP service]
In the above sample, I am using a PHP service TestData.php which has a strong datatype, Entity.
After the completion of the wizard VO(value objects) for service and strongly typed datatype will be created under the src/valueObjects and src/services.testdata. These locations are specified while creating/importing a service.
In case of PHP, CF, BlazeDS and LCDS service, under the services folder, there will shortcut/link to the services/files used.
As you can see, VOs for TestData and Entity are created. Classes _EntityEntityMetadata.as, _Super_Entity.as and _Super_TestData are generated by the Flash Builder.
I can write my own code in Entity.as which extends _Super_Entity.as